On October 25th, I was 16 weeks pregnant with the twins. I felt great and got into more activities and had energy in the morning until I became exhausted in the late afternoon/evening. I tended to go to bed early like around 8 pm after putting Gabriella to sleep. It went like that daily unless we had plans. Also, I often got up early in the morning at various times such as 1 am, 3 am, 4 am, and I couldn't sleep for about a few hours until I finally got back to sleep. That was not what I was hoping for but would love to sleep through the night!!
During my few OB appointments before the end of October, I attended routine check-ups for me and the twins. So far, twins and I were doing great. Doctor said that twins were moving around a lot even though I couldn't feel them inside my belly. A few times, I felt one of the twins did a BIG POW that hurt my belly!! Oh my goodness! What a strong arm or leg one of the twins has. Hope it will not continue like that for the rest of the months until twins are born.
On Tuesday, October 27th, I had a Gestational Diabetes Consultation appointment in three different sessions to discuss about diet: what foods I can or can't eat; showing me how to use the glucometer to prick fingers for blood sugar (I already learned that from my first pregnancy with Gabby), and surprisingly took ultrasound that I didn't know I was going to have. That appointment took about three hours! My mother-in-law Trish drove from Peoria to stay the night at our place the night before my appointment so she could watch Gabriella. Thanks to Grandma Trish! Gabriella enjoyed her time with Grandma Trish. After my appointment, I went to the pharmacy to pick up test strips and needles for glucose readings. What a long morning I had with that appointment. Glad it was over!!
In addition about my surprising ultrasound I mentioned above: I didn't expect to have ultrasound on that day, not until next few weeks later. I was like okay...let's go and had ultrasound to show pictures of twins how much they had grown since September. I was happy to see them again but sad that Kevin wasn't with me that day. He was gone on business trip. My ultrasound Dr. Meyer asked me if I want to know the gender of twins. I was shocked and asked him if he could tell what they were. He said yeah. I felt bad because I really really wanted Kevin to be here with me so we both would know the genders. Kevin and I were desperate to know what we were going to have. I wish I would call Kevin and asked him but he was probably busy having a meeting or whatever that he couldn't reply right away. I decided to have him tell me! At this time, Dr. Meyer told me that I was going to have a boy for sure and a possibly a girl. It was hard to see that position where that baby was but Dr said possibly girl. I was excited and couldn't wait to tell Kevin the genders. Afterwards, I texted and emailed Kevin right away and told him what we were going to have. He was beyond thrilled to find out!!
A: BOY
B: GIRL
No comments:
Post a Comment