
On Sunday, May 4th, I was 39 weeks pregnant and was one week early from due when I started having contractions. At 10:00 pm, I started to have contractions and timed them to see how far apart they were. After 1 a.m., I woke up Kevin and told him that I started contracting. He timed me and helped me through it. I couldn't sleep all night or even during the day on Monday. I was very exhausted. On Monday afternoon, my contractions started to get painful. They were not yet five minutes apart, which is when we were to call my OB doctor. I made Kevin call the OB doctor about it anyway, and she said for us to go to her office right away. That way she could check my cervix to see how dilated it was. At that time, it was 1.5 cm. Afterward, we went home since they asked us to call the doctor when my contractions were five minutes apart. Once we got home, I had terrible, continuous contractions for about half hour.

We decided to call OB doctor again, and she told us to go to the hospital right away. Kevin was excited, and I couldn't show my emotion except deal with pain and worked on my breathing through the contractions. At the Triage, I kept telling nurse that I need Epidural, and they kept me waiting and waiting while I was 2-3 cm dilated. For about half hour later, my room where I delivered was ready for me to transfer from Triage. The anthesiologist finally arrived to give me the epidural, and it was painful at the same time of a contraction. Kevin and Nurse Shannon
(pictured, on right above) had to hold me hard to keep me from moving. Once the epidural was in, I was relieved. Thank God for epidurals! That time I was at 6 cm dilated, and I was like wow.. that was quick! We found out that my OB, Dr. Foltz, was going to be on-call the next morning. We were hoping that she would be there on duty to delivery our baby the next morning. Unfortunately, it

didn't happen since I was progressing quickly and needed to get baby girl out. We were a little bummed. However, Dr. Harvey (on-call from OB office)
(pictured, on left) came to break the water. She found out after water broke, there was meconium coming out. Dr. Harvey said not to worry about that. Dr. Harvey is a very nice lady. Kevin was waiting and was eager for baby girl to come out. One hour later, I was in 9.5 cm dilated. Nurse Shannon called on-call doctor from OB office that it was time for me to push to get the baby to come out. Kevin and Nurse Shannon helped me to push, and it took about two hours. Finally, welcome to our little girl, Gabriella Darina Morge. Gabriella was born Tuesday, May 6th at 1:58 a.m. and was 7 lbs. 7.8 oz. After 24 hours, she weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz, which is normal for babies to lose little weight. She is 21 inches long. It was very joyful, but at the same time exhausting! We are very blessed to have her as our new member family!
Gabriella Darina Morge
After the delivery, they transferred me to the post-partum room where Kevin and I were staying for two nights with our girl, Gabriella. We both were very exhausted. All nurses, pediatrician, audiologist, and much more were coming in to give us all the paperworks, helped whatever we needed, run tests, and all that stuff. However, during this time, Dr. Foltz did stop by while she was on call Tuesday. She was very happy to see Gabriella and know that we were all doing very well.
Gabriella passed both of her hearing tests. The next two days, things went well except Gabriella's initial test for Jaundice was little high. The nurse had to call the lab to come to take blood tests for Gabriella and me to check before they discharged us to go home. Kevin and I were very ready to go home with Gabriella. We waited for a few hours for Gabriella's result, and the blood results were normal. They finally discharged us, so we packed and got things all ready to go home.
Gabriella & Daddy
Adorable Gabriella's first time in her infant carseat to go home
As you see by this chart, Meghan Morge is the winner since her guess is the nearest to Gabriella's birth. We will have a surprise prize for her sometime this summer when we visit families in Peoria, IL. Smile! Congratulations, Meghan!!

Notes: Today, Kevin and I took Gabriella to her first pediatric appointment. Dr. Meghan Sheridan was very pleased with her health saying she is doing great! Gabriella is now 4 days old and is now 7 lbs. 6 oz. She gained four oz. since three days ago. Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment